Graal Classic > Bugs and Suggestions

Spar + PK Ranks

(1/4) > >>

Thor:
With activity somewhat low, and there currently being an uncertainty over the development of a local guilds system, I believe it may be worth re-visiting the spar + pk ranks similar to how we had pre-wipe. Something like this is not too complex and so wouldn't take a long time to implement.

The old system worked by simply adding points to a player each time they killed another player or won a spar. More points were obtained against those with a high number of points, and with PKing more points were obtained when there was a higher number of players in the level.
The 2 players with the highest points total received a statue for the next month.

What I believe were the main problems with the old system however, were that it didn't take into account deaths/defeats, and it was too easy to obtain a lot of points by fighting the same person over and over again.
Therefore I propose a new system where deaths/defeats deduct a fraction of the points obtained by kills/wins, and points are the same regardless of the victim.
I also believe it would be better to ignore kills within events, to keep the PK rank more about pure PKing. The fact that a higher playercount earned more points also seems to have been flawed as it didn't require nearby players to actually be PKing.

Previously the winner statues were within the Castle, it would make sense to now have them within SuperNick's.

Thoughts and suggestions?

Novagraf:
Possibly theres a multiplier to points based off your k/d  win/defeat ratio?

Thor:
Not sure if that would be necessary if you're already losing points after defeats/kills.

Novagraf:
Instead of losing points based off defeats/deaths is what I'm getting at. 
Player A: 220-100
Player B: 100-10
Player C: 500-300

Which do you believe should get the win?

Thor:
I see what you mean.
Though we need to be careful to not put too much emphasis on ratio.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version