Graal Classic > Guilds

Guild Fort

(1/4) > >>

Thor:
I have created this thread in order to gather ideas for a Guild fort system, as well as outline the system I am currently leaning towards. This is ofcourse with a view to the server having an active community of players following a Facebook launch, so it does not have to seem viable at the current time.

The goals I have in mind for such a Guild Fort system are as follows:

* Provide a form of competition which does not feel like a long grind
* Cater to players from all of the main time zones
* Allow successfulness to not hinge too strongly on a Guild's present number of members
* Provide a fair method for Guilds to obtain a Guild Points currency
* Not cause a time conflict with GC Events or special events such as a Monthly Spar tournament
With these goals in mind, this is the rough system I am currently leaning towards:

* The fort would open at a set number of times throughout a set number of days. This could be once a day, twice a day, or four times a week, but the times would rotate to include typical times for Europe, US East Coast, US West Coast and Australia/Asia
* The fort would remain open for a set number of minutes (for example 30), in which it would be up to guilds to try and accumulate as much "points" as possible
* "Points" would be calculated from hits and kills within the vicinity of the fort
* Once the set time has ended, Guild Points currency would be awarded to the Guild with the most fort "points", as well as a smaller number to runner ups
* As this is a competitive environment, players would be restricted to 3 hearts, and also receive temporary Bow & Bomb weapons if they have not obtained them already
* GC events would not be hosted while the fort is open

Skyzer:
I'd like to see being active be more important than having a huge guild. Maybe having the damage to the flag lower with more guild members so that large guilds don't have a huge advantage.

Thor:

--- Quote from: Skyzer on April 05, 2015, 04:02:13 PM ---I'd like to see being active be more important than having a huge guild. Maybe having the damage to the flag lower with more guild members so that large guilds don't have a huge advantage.

--- End quote ---

This is exactly what happens within the Fort GC Event so that it remains balanced with both a small and large number of players, as well as if someone leaves and a replacement can not be found, but I was not actually planning on having flag slashing within this system in case that was assumed.

Ranger:
So then it's some kind of timer count down, or maybe a control timer system then for the guild that controls it?

Thor:
Was thinking just a count down yes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version