Classic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

some big news are coming camed.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Guild Fort  (Read 22466 times)

Thor

• Manager
  • The Higher Power
    • View Profile
Guild Fort
« on: April 05, 2015, 02:50:06 PM »

I have created this thread in order to gather ideas for a Guild fort system, as well as outline the system I am currently leaning towards. This is ofcourse with a view to the server having an active community of players following a Facebook launch, so it does not have to seem viable at the current time.

The goals I have in mind for such a Guild Fort system are as follows:

• Provide a form of competition which does not feel like a long grind
  • Cater to players from all of the main time zones
  • Allow successfulness to not hinge too strongly on a Guild's present number of members
  • Provide a fair method for Guilds to obtain a Guild Points currency
  • Not cause a time conflict with GC Events or special events such as a Monthly Spar tournament

With these goals in mind, this is the rough system I am currently leaning towards:

• The fort would open at a set number of times throughout a set number of days. This could be once a day, twice a day, or four times a week, but the times would rotate to include typical times for Europe, US East Coast, US West Coast and Australia/Asia
  • The fort would remain open for a set number of minutes (for example 30), in which it would be up to guilds to try and accumulate as much "points" as possible
  • "Points" would be calculated from hits and kills within the vicinity of the fort
  • Once the set time has ended, Guild Points currency would be awarded to the Guild with the most fort "points", as well as a smaller number to runner ups
  • As this is a competitive environment, players would be restricted to 3 hearts, and also receive temporary Bow & Bomb weapons if they have not obtained them already
  • GC events would not be hosted while the fort is open

Skyzer

• Zolderon
  • TCG Committee
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Fort
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 04:02:13 PM »

I'd like to see being active be more important than having a huge guild. Maybe having the damage to the flag lower with more guild members so that large guilds don't have a huge advantage.
I'm lazy.

Thor

• Manager
  • The Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 04:08:56 PM »

I'd like to see being active be more important than having a huge guild. Maybe having the damage to the flag lower with more guild members so that large guilds don't have a huge advantage.

This is exactly what happens within the Fort GC Event so that it remains balanced with both a small and large number of players, as well as if someone leaves and a replacement can not be found, but I was not actually planning on having flag slashing within this system in case that was assumed.

Ranger

• Graal Help
  • GH Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 09:57:18 AM »

So then it's some kind of timer count down, or maybe a control timer system then for the guild that controls it?

Thor

• Manager
  • The Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 11:37:47 AM »

Was thinking just a count down yes.

Kuzative

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 01:16:30 PM »

Will there be a limit for the amount of people allowed to enter for a guild? I have a bad feeling that there will be a guild that will just try and recruit everyone which will ruin the fun out of it.

Thor

• Manager
  • The Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 04:00:51 PM »

Will there be a limit for the amount of people allowed to enter for a guild? I have a bad feeling that there will be a guild that will just try and recruit everyone which will ruin the fun out of it.

I anticipate this will not be simple to accomplish as players are limited to only 1 competitive guild and only competitive guilds will be able to participate. If the system is also PK based then recruiting purely for numbers sake rather than skill could potentially backfire.

Kuzative

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 09:04:33 AM »

I anticipate this will not be simple to accomplish as players are limited to only 1 competitive guild and only competitive guilds will be able to participate. If the system is also PK based then recruiting purely for numbers sake rather than skill could potentially backfire.

If MoD is anything like it originally looked as far as I can remember it is quite easy to block in there so people can just stand in one position and spam, much skill isn't required in this.

Thor

• Manager
  • The Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 05:46:42 PM »

If MoD is anything like it originally looked as far as I can remember it is quite easy to block in there so people can just stand in one position and spam, much skill isn't required in this.

It's now bigger and with more open space.

Thor

• Manager
  • The Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 03:39:28 PM »

The system development has now been underway for about a week, so it's likely to be only minor suggestions that could be incorporated. Attached are some screenshots of the current interior and exterior of Mod Fort.

Suggestions for perks that can be purchased with a Guild Currency would also be welcome, currently what I have in mind is as follows:

• Custom Guild nickname colour
  • Ability to upload a Guild logo
  • Ability to upload Guild-Only character graphics
  • Ability to form alliances with Family Guilds

Kuzative

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 08:31:12 AM »

Why don't you make it so that you have to acquire enough currency to have a guild house put in place instead of having one made already and just getting someone to add it and then you can add perks into the guild house with these points e.g. guild statues, spar rooms etc.

Thor

• Manager
  • The Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2015, 04:51:51 PM »

Why don't you make it so that you have to acquire enough currency to have a guild house put in place instead of having one made already and just getting someone to add it and then you can add perks into the guild house with these points e.g. guild statues, spar rooms etc.

Essentially the same belief as when it comes to player houses:

Personally though I've always thought that if it were just a tile editor or house template selector, it's a lot of scripting work for player content that ends up very generic/repetitive. The old fashion route would require a lot of organisation and publishing of resources/tutorials, but if successful would produce a far better end product. Being Classic/Graal the Adventure it would mean something to try and preserve that.

Do we really want something generic that is no different and no better than existing Facebook/Flash servers?

-------------------------------

On a side note, I propose that the Fort will be open for 30 minutes, once a day, at 7 PM alternating between the following 4 time zones:
  • US Eastern Time, UTC - 5
  • US Western Time, UTC - 8
  • Australian Central Time, UTC + 13
  • UK Time, UTC

(The exact hour may fluctuate according to daylight saving or server time deviations)

A lot of this depends on the playercount and demand which is of course a complete unknown at this point in time. Should this schedule be too demanding maybe it could be applied to weekends & holidays only. Should this schedule not satisfy demands it can always be set for the Fort to open more than once per day.

Sardon

• Infamous
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 10:41:29 PM »

sounds great
when will this be ready?
what do these guild points serve?
are they a form of pride for guilds or will we have a shop with items that sell for that curency.?
If your hosting an event at gc studios Id be happy to join you!

Thor

• Manager
  • The Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2015, 06:44:32 AM »

sounds great
when will this be ready?
what do these guild points serve?
are they a form of pride for guilds or will we have a shop with items that sell for that curency.?

The function of Guild Points is outlined both within the Guild Control Panel as well as a couple of posts above.

As far as when it will all be ready there isn't much left to do compared to what has been done, but it won't be able to launch as a 24/7 feature until there is a stable playercount.

Thor

• Manager
  • The Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 02:19:27 PM »

Slight preview of the Guild Logo Upload prize.
Pages: [1] 2