Classic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

some big news are coming camed.

Author Topic: gambling minigame/event  (Read 9864 times)

PoJo

• (zorbi)
  • wahaha
    • View Profile
gambling minigame/event
« on: February 12, 2016, 07:39:18 PM »

So this was another idea I had the brief time I was working on UN - the inspiration is Saltybet. Saltybet is a website that uses the fighting game/fighting game engine "Mugen" to let people gamble on matches between AI controlled characters. What makes it interesting is that Mugen is a unique engine that allows for custom made characters - not just appearance, but entirely player made moves and attacks and properties. Thus in Saltybet, unless you've seen the character before, you're betting on a mystery.

How this ties into Graal, is this. An underground "fight club" looking level, meant to look dark, dank, and out of the way. In sewers, perhaps? Here, players would gather to bet on periodic fights between NPC baddies. The baddies would be randomly generated from several templates. Their appearance would be assembled from an assortment of baddy "part" graphics (head, body, arms, weapon appearance, etc). Their attacks would be based on loadouts (sword/shield, archer, bomb, firearrow/dragon, etc). The way they fight would be based on a personality (brave ones would be more likely to try and corner another baddy, cowardly ones would often flee with their back to the other, strategic ones would flee backwards, etc). Occasionally "top tier" baddies would be thrown in, with preset appearance/attacks/AI to represent a player, a major NPC character, or just a gimmicked enemy. I don't know how feasible this would be here, but scripters on UN suggested that this kind of AI vs AI battling was doable.

Anyway, it's nothing that would make an impact on the game now, but maybe in the future something like this could give players something to do independent of questing or hosted events.

Thor

• Manager
  • The Higher Power
    • View Profile
Re: gambling minigame/event
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 07:57:24 PM »

Would be unique and entertaining, certainly doable.

The hurdle I have is what currency this would involve gambling, or what other incentive could be provided. Gelat is a quest item rather than an economy item.

PoJo

• (zorbi)
  • wahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 03:16:53 PM »

Why not its own currency that could be cashed in on card points or GC, as alternative for people that want to git gud at cards but can't seem to win?

xiaoguard

• LAT & Graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 06:29:30 PM »

So this was another idea I had the brief time I was working on UN - the inspiration is Saltybet. Saltybet is a website that uses the fighting game/fighting game engine "Mugen" to let people gamble on matches between AI controlled characters. What makes it interesting is that Mugen is a unique engine that allows for custom made characters - not just appearance, but entirely player made moves and attacks and properties. Thus in Saltybet, unless you've seen the character before, you're betting on a mystery.

How this ties into Graal, is this. An underground "fight club" looking level, meant to look dark, dank, and out of the way. In sewers, perhaps? Here, players would gather to bet on periodic fights between NPC baddies. The baddies would be randomly generated from several templates. Their appearance would be assembled from an assortment of baddy "part" graphics (head, body, arms, weapon appearance, etc). Their attacks would be based on loadouts (sword/shield, archer, bomb, firearrow/dragon, etc). The way they fight would be based on a personality (brave ones would be more likely to try and corner another baddy, cowardly ones would often flee with their back to the other, strategic ones would flee backwards, etc). Occasionally "top tier" baddies would be thrown in, with preset appearance/attacks/AI to represent a player, a major NPC character, or just a gimmicked enemy. I don't know how feasible this would be here, but scripters on UN suggested that this kind of AI vs AI battling was doable.

Anyway, it's nothing that would make an impact on the game now, but maybe in the future something like this could give players something to do independent of questing or hosted events.

Bumping an old thread because I like the idea.
This would be really cool and quite entertaining to have, just to pass the time. As for the currency, you could just have chips that you can buy with gelats. Not sure what they could be used for though, if anything.
[2:36:04 AM] Ravster 114: Skyzer is working on new events xd
[2:36:17 AM] xiaoguard: oh fun i still want that dating event
[2:36:21 AM] xiaoguard: everyone has a chance to bone erika
[2:36:32 AM] Ravster 114: Lmao

Ranger

• Graal Help
  • GH Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 06:42:21 PM »

I like pojos idea of cashing the gambling chips or whatever at a counter to get GC Tickets or Card Points.  Or Admin Hats.

maximus_asinus

• GC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 06:55:41 PM »

You could also keep track of the top winners, top winning streak, top losing streak, how many tickets were lost, most profit on one bet, most lost, etc. It would encourage competition this way.

PoJo

• (zorbi)
  • wahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 08:30:15 AM »

note: I can't script, so any idea I have is just fantasy, don't expect me to go anywhere with it. I will contribute graphics, levels, and ganis to any one who does any to pick up something like this or anything else