Classic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

some big news are coming camed.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Libraries/Bookshelves  (Read 21480 times)

Thor

• Manager
  • The Higher Power
    • View Profile
Libraries/Bookshelves
« on: March 27, 2012, 10:08:51 AM »

For those familiar with the libraries within Master Li's and the Castle, there are several shelves without an entry, or with a somewhat short entry, there will likely be other similar locations in future.

Usually the material I think of is just for the sake of covering gaps, rather than the sake of offering detailed information, creative fantasies or interpretations of content.
If anybody has any such material they'd like to contribute, be it something of relevance to existing content, past content, in-game characters, humour, poetry, past happenings between players etc, then feel free to post it here and we'll add any good contributions where possible.

Trip

• View Profile
Re: Libraries/Bookshelves
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 06:34:43 PM »

This is off subject of the libraries, but i was wondering if...orwhere the Exodus statue will be added. It was in the GC studios for years, of course, but it just seems unfair to not have it added back. If i've overlooked it i'm sorry for the post.

Thor

• Manager
  • The Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 06:58:03 PM »

This is off subject of the libraries, but i was wondering if...orwhere the Exodus statue will be added. It was in the GC studios for years, of course, but it just seems unfair to not have it added back. If i've overlooked it i'm sorry for the post.
The removal of that statue isn't through any form of penalty. It's largely because of the fact it's relevant to a different era of the server, even more so with the Cappa statue which was awarded for "First to 10,000 post NPC-Server kills". Keeping one past reward often results in this argument that a different past reward should also be resurrected.

It can also be argued that the title "greatest ever" is down to individual interpretation, apparently Night added up the GC title wins and Deophite had won more, and then some of them occurred at a time where the competition wasn't as strong.

Selena

• My very own title?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 12:30:50 AM »

Why not add the Second Volume of the book about Zorbis and other underwaterspecies, the Frist Volume is on a table in Giovannis.

Thor

• Manager
  • The Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 11:46:23 AM »

Why not add the Second Volume of the book about Zorbis and other underwaterspecies, the Frist Volume is on a table in Giovannis.
The point of this thread is to ask for specific creative contributions. Zorbi's are a good thing to write about, but I wouldn't know what to write.

Selena

• My very own title?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 10:00:15 AM »

There is a existing second volume of that book I came across it but its not on the server.
let me look for it in my files.

Selena

• My very own title?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 11:22:29 AM »

I did not find it  :( however im sure Nelo has made up alot of fanfiction about Zorbis which could be put in a book.
Otherwise it could speak about long lost water magic and the Zorbi ring artifact.

Nello

• Development
  • BroStache
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 07:55:49 AM »

I did not find it  :( however im sure Nelo has made up alot of fanfiction about Zorbis which could be put in a book.
Otherwise it could speak about long lost water magic and the Zorbi ring artifact.

this is true. Racil and i talked on some stuff, including tribes of zorbis which would change skin tone. the relation zorbi's have with graal city. :p
Hope for the future.

Dante Darkmane

• Development
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 09:54:56 AM »

NOTE:
I will return to this post and edit it as I add more stories.
I'm also a little rusty in my history and are making some things up, so please work with me to make it more factual.

Extra: I think it would be cool to duplicate several of these books. So you may find then in more then one place, to give the feeling that the author published many books.
Books found in the castle:

Nafet's River
Author: Unknown Traveler
This is one of the most recognized landmarks of the overworld, named named after Nafets himself, one of the founders of this world. During my travels, I found it best to take the main bridge - no toll! How polite! - to cross this massive river. However, for those like me with a thirst for adventure, one may find a few hidden treats by launching themselves off and into the water.

A Beginner's Guide to Becoming a Knight VOL. 1
Author: Chancellor Timemutt
So you think you have what it takes to defend your kingdom, eh? Well, not so fast there! Before anyone can even think of becoming a knight, they must first properly equipt themselves. A knight is only as strong as his sword arm, or so they say... Also note that you may want to invest in some shield training to keep those pesky arrows at bay.

A Beginner's Guide to Becoming a Knight VOL. 2
So you've got the gear and you've got the attitude. So you may be ready for knighthood, right? Right?! No, wrong. It takes more than a few fancy sword techniques to impress me. Respect goes a long way around here and there is no higher honor granted than the king's approval. I suggest you speak with him and find a way to earn his approval.

A Beginner's Guide to Becoming A Knight VOL. 3
So you've made it to book 3, eh? Considering you followed all the previous steps and are not simply skipping ahead, then you may call me impressed. I'm guessing you had to do something pretty drastic to win the King's favor.. he's a complicated guy, I know... Anyhow, now all that is left is to suit yourself up in our Knight Armor and go stand somewhere in the castle. Have fun.

Ninja - friend or foe?
Author: Anonymous
One topic of great concern among the noble population of our kingdom is that of the ninja. Prone to stationing themselves far out of sight, these highly trained warriors prefer seclusion in the dark forests to the east. Although their motives seem pure, it is their absolute and total disregard of the law when executing these 'missions' that causes alarm. If they are capable of fooling even our most skilled knights, what else are they capable of...?

Sword Training Basics
Author: Lieutenant Kiko
To slash your sword, simply press S. Test this out on several bushes until you feel comfortable with your blade. When faced with an opponent, however, things get a bit tricky. Standing in one place and slashing leaves your volnurable to attack, so always be quick on your feet, slashing only when you're positive that the attack will land, ducking and weaving around your enemy to avoid his attacks.

Why My Beer Is The Best In Graal City
Written by: Zol, owner of Zol's Pub.
Hello, there! My name is Zol and if you are reading this book, then you surely must be one of exquisite tastes. As I'm sure you already know, my beer is the best in all of Graal City and I am going to tell you why. While Many newer places rely on aestetics to lure the customer, all of my money goes into the quality of my beer. Sure, The Joint does look like a happenin' place, but it's outdoor location results in warm, flat beer. And don't even get me started with this Ta'ern  Un'er Th' Bridge! They don't even sell beer! So please, make the smart choice. May your every adventure lead you to Zol's.

My Guide To The Taylor Mirror
Author: Taylor Richards
I have been hard at work on tailoring a device to make it as simple and engaging as possible for players to not only browse through my improved inventory, but also have the luxury of trying these outfits on for yourself.  Simple step up to the mirror and a display will appear allowing you to browse through my many creations, gaurenteed to fit your prefered style.

Chickens - Majesty with Wings.
Author: Eldridge
Stop eating these poor, defenseless, beautiful creatures! It has to stop, now! Please, if you find any chickens in danger of being consumed by some barbaric brute, bring them to me! I am located east of Taylor Richard's. Please, hasn't there been enough pain for these winged angels?

Reconstruction and Relocation of GC Studios
Author: Anonymous Development Staff
For as long as most can remember, the GC Studios had always been stationed securely beneath the main bridge. Why would someone build an events studio under a bridge is beyond me! As time passed, the area began to feel stale and dated. Many cracks were found throughout the studio's large cooridors and leaking was always an issue. Enough was enough! During the kingdom's reconstruction phase, it was decided to move the GC Studios just outside of Graal City, with an updated look. Today, a tavern rests beneath the bridge in a drunken reminder of the fun and games that once took place in that spot, years before.

The Art of Helping Others
Author: Jefyz
Adventurers are not the only ones who have great stories to tell. Although I have never been far from home, these eyes have seen a lot throughout the years. I have always enjoyed living in the heart of Graal City, in the center of all the hubub and commotion. Countless battles, arguments, and guild wars have unfolded right in front of me. I watched a man named Hoss sit next to me for so long, his ass actually fused to the chair! So please,  if you are ever in Graal City, come speak with me. Hopefully you'll learn something new!

The Northern Limit's Limit
Author: The Architect
Supernick's Battle Arena. You've all seen it in all it's detailed glory, resting in the northern outskirts of Graal City. Many people assume the structure was built along with the rest of the city and they couldn't be more wrong. Did you know that a very famous event took place in front of many spectators in an area once known as The Northern Limits? Many Graalians stood by as the air seemed to ignite with flames and the Northern Limits crumbled before everyone's eyes in a flurry of flames. Then, amazingly, a building could be seen being errected through the flames and smoke. When the dust had finally cleared and the flames quenched, the residents of Graal City stood in awe at the sight of what would come to be one of the most famous battle arenas in the kingdom.

Creatures of Graal VOL 6: The Lizardon
Author: Historian
Welcome back, weary traveler! In this volume I will be detailing the dreaded Lizardon and their impact on society. These cold blooded creatures are primarily green scaled, taking on the form of a human, reptilian hybrid. Don't let their looks fool you, however! Though these creatures may appear to be mindless lizards with legs, they are highly intelligent and skilled in the art of the sword. It was this ignorance that led to the invasion of Destiny. Without warning, a great threat loomed in the distance as hordes of Lizardon invaded, forcing residents from Destiny and even Graal City to take up arms and fight. Through the destrucion, the Lizardon attack was ultimately nulled and peace returned to the land.

Geography Anomolies VOL 1: Big City Disaster
Author: HistorianAllow me to introduce you to my new series: Geography Anomolies. In this volume I will be discussion the Big City Disaster and the strange events occuring that lead to this. It was just a normal day... Thats usually how these stories start, right? Then disaster struck. Suddenly the earth rumbled and shook with deafening tremmors. Then, as if from some undevine intervention, Big City simple sunk beneath the sea. During this, a large volcano cracked through the water's surface and grew to unbelievable heights. It is widely accepted that the Big City Disaster was a direct link to the errection of The Great Volcano, however, it is still uncertain exactly what cause this mountain to form.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 03:54:07 PM by Dante Darkmane »

Nello

• Development
  • BroStache
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 10:16:03 AM »

Hope for the future.

Thor

• Manager
  • The Higher Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 04:22:13 PM »

Excellent!

Though I wasn't expecting an entire libraries worth :p.

Death

• Propane
  • GC
  • Bloop Bop
    • View Profile
    • Pain - Tupac
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 10:03:29 AM »

The life of Vizamar
Not much is known about him other than he went his whole life saying "haha".

I instantly thought vizamar when I read this thread. :0

Dante Darkmane

• Development
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 10:17:50 AM »

Oh yeah? Well here's another libraries worth :P

Master Li's Library

------------------------------------------------------------

Of Daggers and Kunai
Author: none.
The great ninja civil war almost brought an end to the arts of ninjutsu. In a time of great turmoil, many shinobi took up blades against their brothers as the battles raged until only one clan stood amongst the devestation: Master Li's. Some believe that a God shed a single tear for the surviving clan, allowing them to prosper into the present day.

Creatures of Graal Volume 2: Zorba and Zorbi 
Author: Graal Historian
Welcome back, reader, to my smashing second instalment of Creatures of Graal. Let's not waste any time shall we? The Zorba are split into two sepparate tribes: Central and Tribal. The Central Zorba, taking on a lighter, cyan skin tone, prefers to live amongst other Graalians in the bustling city streets. The second tribe, however; appear to be a darker blue and are very set in their ancient ways, prefering to live amongst the ocean. Another subrace of the Zorba are known as Zorbi, belonging to both tribes, they are but female Zorba. I warn you, do not call a Tribal Zorba a Zorbi unless you prefer spear to the brain.

Perception and Puzzle Solving
Author: Master Li
Player: Hmm, these pages are empty.. Oh, there appears to be something inked on the back..
"Within these walls, let that which casts light grant you passage through the flames."
Player: Huh... Ninja are weird.

Senior Acorn Journal Entry #1
May these pages be scattered through the land to offer wisdom to those in need. The trees of Graal are a preferable shelter for many ninja. Keep an eye out for secret entrances as we are a crafty bunch... Maybe there is one close by?

Senior Acorn Journal Entry # 4
May these pages be scattered through the land to offer wisdom to those in need. If you are ever in need of persuading Mayor Larry, I have learned that he will be swayed by no less than 500 gelats.

Senior Acorn Journal Entry # 5
May these pages be scattered through the land to offer wisdom to those in need. There are many heras scattered throughout the kingdom. It is said that only Chad, the King's advisor, knows of their locations.

Senior Acorn Journal Entry #7
May these pages be scattered through the land to offer wisdom to those in need. Beware of the WuTai Clan. These lowlives are skilled in Ninjutsu and use them to take advantage of others and to take what they want. Be warned, they will take a life for as little as 5 bombs.

Senion Acorn Journal Entry #13
May these pages be scattered through the land to offer wisdom to those in need. Deception is key. Trust no one and second guess everything. You may be suprised of the outcome.

Basic Shuriken Training
Don't get confused when you are told to throw a shuriken. You don't throw the thing at all! Hold the star between your index and middle finger, give an old flick of the wrist and send it hurling towards your enemies. Got that down? Now practice throwing two at once... Remember, the more you can send flying at your enemy the better chance of victory you have. Don't forget: It's all in the wrist, It's all in the wrist...

The Heart's Desire
Author: Minnoz
Player: Hm, it's an intense romantic drama about a Zorbi tragically in love with a Graalian Knight... I wonder who this belongs to?
(You notice a book mark which reads: Master Li)
Player: Ha!

Creatures of Graal Volume 5: The Rail Pirates
Moving right along, I will be discussing very little about The Rail Pirates. I say that because, well, very little is known about them. Although proof of their existence is evident, not one person in history has ever returned with stories to tell of The Rail Pirates, leading us all to speculate their high level of danger... I warn you now, for I fear their secret will not be a secret forever.

On Shields and Gloves
Author: Chancelor Timemutt
Many artifacts belonging to the royal family are used to give our noble people a better advantage once we embark beyond the safety of our walls. Stronger shields will not only deflect arrows, but cannons and fireballs will be of no threat as well. And for reaching hard to reach locations, we have a special type of glove that amplifies ones strengths two fold.

Creatures of Graal Volume 4: Sardon
While not a proper creature, perse, Sardon is a danger all must be taught. In his prime, Sardon was a gifted healer, said to have invented the very hearts we use today. Some believe in order to do this, he gave up his own heart, causing him to drift into the dark arts, where he became all powerful in both white and black schools of magic. Able to heal and deal out massive ammounts of damage, Sardon truley is one of the most dangerous magicians of our time.

Death

• Propane
  • GC
  • Bloop Bop
    • View Profile
    • Pain - Tupac
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 10:29:16 AM »

Do one of me Dante.

Skyzer

• Zolderon
  • TCG Committee