Classic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

some big news are coming camed.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Archery event  (Read 19242 times)

lavaman

• View Profile
Archery event
« on: September 28, 2012, 02:15:18 PM »

Thor doesn't think this would make a good event.
Disagree with him with me.

Ranger

• Graal Help
  • GH Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Archery event
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 03:43:42 PM »

That reminds me of the MoD Town dunk tank, and i used to spend hours upon hours at that stupid thing.  i think this would make a great event!

Nello

• Development
  • BroStache
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 03:45:54 PM »

the don't play thing actually happens though. you won't see any players coming into certain events. while everyone comes for ctf, kotm, battlegrounds.
Hope for the future.

lavaman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 03:47:42 PM »

the don't play thing actually happens though. you won't see any players coming into certain events. while everyone comes for ctf, kotm, battlegrounds.
It was a joke.
Besides, I have had people tell me how they won't join battlegrounds and certain CTF maps.

Nello

• Development
  • BroStache
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 03:49:16 PM »

yeah. people are dicks and won't join events they don't like.
Hope for the future.

lavaman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 03:51:01 PM »

yeah. people are dicks and won't join events they don't like.
Its reasonable to not to play an event you don't like.

Akios

• charmander evolves @ lvl 16
  • charmeleon evolves @ lvl 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 03:54:53 PM »

Honestly, if whack-a-noob makes a "good event", I don't see why this wouldn't.

I actually think this would be better than whack-a-noob, and fun as well.
charizard learns flamethrower @ lvl 47

Basi

• Graal Help
  • Rommiel
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 04:10:31 PM »

im going to have to agree with thor. i wouldn't play it. sorry but after watching iclassic's archery game, shooting at moving targets frusterates me.  :(

lavaman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 04:14:14 PM »

im going to have to agree with thor. i wouldn't play it. sorry but after watching iclassic's archery game, shooting at moving targets frusterates me.  :(
Fortunately they won't really be so much moving as popping up and down.
I'm thinking a tightly compacted whack-a-noob holes where the big and small targets would pop in and out from.
They won't be perfectly lined up in a grid either.

Ranger

• Graal Help
  • GH Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 04:15:45 PM »

Yeah but iclassic and classic's communities are far different.  Classic's players (i think) would actually be interested in this kind of event where it requires actual skill (as opposed to luck like whackanoob).  Maybe some sorta event where everyone takes turns shooting at the targets, or you can alternate for a free for all shoot fest, idk.

lavaman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 04:19:00 PM »

Yeah but iclassic and classic's communities are far different.  Classic's players (i think) would actually be interested in this kind of event where it requires actual skill (as opposed to luck like whackanoob).  Maybe some sorta event where everyone takes turns shooting at the targets, or you can alternate for a free for all shoot fest, idk.
An option to either take turns shooting or have a free for all shoot fest?
Great idea, I love it.

EDIT:
ZoJo gave her own idea, feel free to comment on that too.
http://i.imgur.com/Nx56I.png
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 05:00:38 PM by lavaman »

PoJo

• (zorbi)
  • wahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 05:16:13 PM »

Lava, your initial idea looks more along the lines of something that would work as a mini-game sort of thing, not an event. Something in a public level that players could regularly play at their own discretion, for competitive scoreboards or assorted prizes/gelats. It hardly feels like something that would work as an event - something that people wait around to be hosted and compete at.

I think it's fitting that Delteria had almost exactly what you've described in their event house. But it wasn't an event. It was just something to do while waiting. Killing time fun.

Also, for posterity;

ALSO BOW GUYS GET BONED IF THEY GET HIT WITH EITHER COLOR ARROW, WHAT BEING "BONED" ENTAILS IS idk
Marvel at my brilliance and despair. Don't marvel at my typos though.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 09:09:04 PM by PoJo »

lavaman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 05:23:59 PM »

Lava, you initial idea looks more along the lines of something that would work as a mini-game sort of thing, not an event. Something in a public level that players could regularly play at their own discretion, for competitive scoreboards or assorted prizes/gelats. It hardly feels like something that would work as an event - something that people wait around to be hosted and compete at.

I think it's fitting that Delteria had almost exactly what you've described in their event house. But it wasn't an event. It was just something to do while waiting. Killing time fun.
Thor wants it to be like that, I want it to be an event.
I see no reason it can't be both a mini-game and an event so long as they are at the very least somewhat different.

Akios

• charmander evolves @ lvl 16
  • charmeleon evolves @ lvl 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 05:42:20 PM »

I like Pojo's idea as well! I think content wise, Pojo's event would be more entertaining to play.. But like Ranger said, if players want to compete against everyone and do something that takes skill, lavaman's event would be the way to go since it isn't team orientated.

I also really think this thread is a good example of why it would make sense to have an Event Development team, but I think Thor wasn't too down with the idea. Classic isn't exactly huge, but it doesn't really have too big of a dev team. With Developers working on quests, the story line and other miscellaneous things like the card game, it seems fitting to have a small team dedicated to creating new events with player's suggestions/ideas in mind, and working on holiday events as well.
charizard learns flamethrower @ lvl 47

TatsumiDarkblade

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 08:34:25 PM »

A+ for effort and drawing it in paint lmao.

Again though, I see to much stuff inspired by a certain green hat wearing elf. Maybe a medieval time type set of events together would end up being quite cool, including jousting and archery and such. kinda like the old days when we used to do the various events in one. All the mini games players would do until one was left playing.
DARKBLADE
Pages: [1] 2